Personal and Contents Insurance
Summary of insurance cover for general domestic items
Briefly, the Insurance covers:
For Squirrels (members with stuff to store):
- Theft of goods (provided the theft involved a violent/forcible entry/exit to the property and was reported to police).
- Damage to the goods if caused by fire, explosion, escape of water/oil, storm, flood, falling trees, impact.
- For theft and damage, all items that have been listed within the Squirrel’s inventory are covered up to the value of £2,500 Indemnity replacement value per contract. This is as per the cost of replacement or repair of the property lost, destroyed or damaged (to a condition as good as, but not better or more extensive than, its condition immediately prior to the damage or loss). Any single item is covered up to a maximum of £500 on the same basis.
- £2million of public and products liability insurance cover. This indemnifies you against (1) legal liability (2) costs/expenses in respect of accidental personal injury, or damage to the Badger’s property, which arises in connection with the storage contract.
For Badgers (members with space to rent):
- £2million of public and products liability insurance cover. This indemnifies you against (1) legal liability (2) costs/expenses in respect of injury, or damage to your property, which arises in connection with the storage contract, up to £2million in total.
Summary of cover for the storage of cars, motorhomes, caravans and boats
Vehicles and boats may be stored either in a garage or on a driveway or forecourt.
In this instance, however, in addition to the Aviva insurance policy that is provided as part of the Storenextdoor service, the owner (the Squirrel) is required to confirm also that they have their own fully comprehensive insurance arrangements.
The Storenextdoor service is insured by Aviva (the Underwriters) and administered by Pavey Group (the Broker).
If you need to discuss the terms of the insurance cover, please call Ian Yendall at Pavey Group on: 01392 880000
If you need to report or discuss a claims issue, please contact Orrianda Wellington at Pavey Group on: 01392 880000
Pavey Group offices are open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5.15pm.
If you would prefer to e-mail us about your claim, please get in touch with email@example.com and the Pavey Group claims team will respond as quickly as possible. Please include a telephone number and the best time to call you. It should be noted that for theft and stored goods damage claims, there is a £250 excess charge.
Note to Badgers
Badgers are able to have up to four contracts running concurrently (total insured value £10,000) or five such contracts (total insured value £12,500) if a garage let (maximum one contract) is also included.
The insurance documents that are summarised here are available for download in full: